bookgirl11

Friday, October 06, 2006

#21 Podcasts

I had alot of fun with podcasts today! Who knew? I checked out several podcast directories.

I had the most luck with Yahoo Podcasts. I had several searches that I tried in each directory. Yahoo Podcasts seemed to give me the best results. I listened to some comedy from Dane Cook and found a podcast from two guys in Raleigh about the television show Lost! I mostly used the series and episode search box when searching. Seems it used keywords. The category search was too broad and gave me entirely too much.

Next was Podcast.net. I really liked the category search with this directory. The main category reveiled sub-categories. I didn't have any luck with any of my searches. No dane cook, no nora roberts. :( When I started browsing the categories I found some interesting podcasts but they were taking too long to load so I abandoned them. I did eventually find a podcast called the TV addict. Two kids from Canada talk about there fave shows of the week. Right up my alley!

Last on the list was Podcast Alley. I did some searches for public library podcasts. I found some from Lansing Public Library in Illinios and Sunnyvale Public Library in California.

Podcasts are a great tool for libraries. We can advertise programs, post author interviews, or podcast great programs that we have at the library! I think IMG is already doing this with author interviews. When searching in Yahoo podcasts I found some podcasts of music R.R @IMG made. Pretty cool!

Oh, here is the link for my bloglines account. I subscribed to the Lost podcast and the TV addict. They can be found under the Entertainment folder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home