bookgirl11

Monday, October 02, 2006

Thing #16 Wikis

I really enjoy perusing wikis. I find them very interesting. I can spend hours on wikipedia. Everything is there. From a simple definition to the explanation of your favorite song. I see the pros and the cons of using wikis. The biggest con of course is that anyone can edit the wiki and may include incorrect information. I think if you are really worried about this, adding a login/password feature to your wiki is the way to go.

The various wikis in the discovery exercises were great examples. I can see PLCMC using all these ideas. I especially think our library could use a wiki similar to Library Success. Staff could share display ideas and program ideas. It's so hard sometimes to come up with these on your own. A wiki could also be used for communication between branches. Branches that want to share materials can use wiki's for posting information. It's not completely thought out, but it's a starting point...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home