bookgirl11

Monday, October 02, 2006

#18 Web apps

Web-based applications are fun! Authoring a document using Zoho Writer was so easy. I did have trouble when I was trying to publish it and post it to my blog. I also played around with Writely. It's a Google application and I think I liked it a little better. Not sure why, I just liked the interface a bit more. But, I still couldn't figure out how to post it to my blog. Any suggestions...

At work, I can definitely see the possibilities with using these web based applications. Having to transport data can be tricky. Especially when you have your documents saved on and in so many places.

Another web application I have had experience with is EditGrid and Google Spreadsheets. I didn't actually create it, but I have entered data to a spreadsheet that my friend created on EditGrid. We are involved in a project together and she is in Florida. Using EditGrid we are able to compile our data. It's been working great! Haven't lost any data. When we started the project we used Google Spreadsheets. There were still some bugs (when my friend entered her information, I couldn't see the changes) so we switched to EditGrid. I hope Google worked out their bugs, but we are happy with Edit Grid.

1 Comments:

  • Hello, I am Cliff from EditGrid. Glad to hear that you found EditGrid useful, it you have any suggestion for our product, you are welcome to raise it in our Forum or email me at cliff(_AT_)editgrid(_DOT_)com

    By Blogger cliff, at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home