bookgirl11

Monday, September 11, 2006

Thing #9

So, I've set up my RSS feed. I've added all my Learning 2.0 friends blogs and the news feeds I like to keep up with. Thing #9 was to find more RSS feeds using other tools to find newsfeeds. I love celebrity gossip so I decided to find some feeds about that. I used Google's blog finder. I really liked it. I found a lot of blogs that I can use. I found gawker.com and perezhilton.com. Pretty cool that I can get all my work news, world news and guilty pleasure news in one place. Then I moved on to Feedster. I have mixed feelings about this finder. I tried to look for blogs about my favorite college sports team, the NCSU Wolfpack. A little disappointed in my results. Didn't find many blogs. Don't know if I was not searching correctly or if there just aren't that many blogs about the Wolfpack. I did try various ways to search. I think these RSS finders are pretty useful but the trick is don't search for anything too broad. You just get too many results that are all over the place. My favorite was the Google blog finder. I had the best luck with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home